Many people think that hair loss is a male issue, but the stats on female pattern balding are just as worrying. Stress, unhealthy lifestyles, and full schedules that don’t really allow us time to pamper ourselves all contribute to hair loss. We cut through the stats to bring you the best products for healthy hair, and take a look at some hair-health facts and stats you may not yet know about.
Here are 30 hair loss statistics that’ll get you scratching your head for solutions:
- Androgenetic alopecia is the cause of 95% of all hair loss in men and the leading cause of hair loss in more than 60% of women
- Almost half of all women begin losing hair as they near age 50
- Caucasians have a higher hair density than Hispanic or African people
- 29% of hair loss in women aged approximately 50 is linked to depression and low self-esteem
- Hair loss can be either genetic or epigenetic (environmental), and includes factors such as stress, hormone imbalances, diet deficiencies, or scalp damage
- Hair growth averages between 0.2 – 0.7 in (between 0.5 – 1.8 cm) per month
- You could start losing your hair in your teens
- 3% of all pediatric office visits are due to child hair loss, where the causes are commonly listed as scalp ringworm, immune responses and medical conditions, chemotherapy, or scalp trauma
- About 65% of chemotherapy patients experience hair loss, where 47% of female patients find that hair loss ends up being the most traumatic part of their chemotherapy program
- Approximately 63% of men will see some hair loss by age 35
- By age 50, 85% of men will have thinning hair
- Male pattern baldness research indicates an increased sensitivity to testosterone, insulin resistance, or chronic inflammation as a possible cause
Recommended Reading: Why Some Women Get Gray Hair Earlier Than Others
- In both men and women, the risk of developing coronary artery diseases is increased by the location of the bald spot:
- Almost 50% risk increase if on the crown (top) of the head
- 36% risk increase with moderate hair loss, and
- 18% increased risk with mild hair loss
- Hair loss can be caused by hairdressing techniques, chemical treatments, and harsh brushing
- Traction alopecia is caused by hair being pulled too tight for too long, such as with tight ponytails, heavy braids, and tight hairclips, which could inflame your hair follicles
- Traction alopecia hair loss statistics suggest that this is a very common problem in African-American communities
- Wearing hats does not cause baldness (but contribute to the irritation at specific “vulnerable” spots on your head
- The average person loses between 50 and 100 hairs every day
- Approximately 25% of all men start balding before age 21
- Hair loss affects relationships and professional lives
Recommended Reading: 2 Ways For Men To Avoid Premature Balding And Hair Loss
Global comparative statistics are just as concerning:
- Approximately 250 million Chinese people suffer from hair loss
- 54% of Chinese men aged 20 to 40 report moderate to severe hair loss, and 6% report experiencing ‘severe hair loss
- Approximately 1.5 million Australians experience baldness as an issue
- 45% of all Australian men will experience significant hair loss in their lifetimes
- Almost two-thirds of all Indian men aged 21 to 61 suffer from numerous hair loss issues
- There is no cure for male or female pattern baldness, but the process can be stalled with the right hair care routine, hair supplements, and awareness of self and environmental issues that could exacerbate the problem
- Genetic and environmental baldness cannot be reversed or cured
- Hair loss due to medical conditions may be reversed once the body overcomes the cause of the hair loss (such as in the case of cancer in remission and discontinued chemotherapy sessions)
- Hair loss could be a sign of poor health. Whilst most hair loss is genetically-based, there are additional factors that can influence the rate at which your hair loss happens, some of which may indicate poor health. Seek medical attention if you experience hair loss, coupled with any of the following underlying causes, conditions, or situations:
- Diabetes, thyroid disorders, Lupus, autoimmune issues (i.e. psoriasis or eczema), anemia, or fungal infections
- Stress, chemotherapy, low estrogen levels after childbirth, or medications for pre-existing conditions
- Sudden weight loss, eating disorders, or protein deficiencies
- Hair needs good, healthy skin and hair follicles to grow and thrive. Collagen production is slowed or halted in hair loss, and can be caused by various factors, as listed above. Preliminary studies and research consistently indicate that boosting collagen production in your body remains the best and most effective way of avoiding hair loss, maintaining healthy skin, teeth, eyes, joints, muscles, bones, and nails.
Continue reading here.
DID YOU KNOW?
Daily collagen supplements improve gut health, digestive issues, joint pain, acne scarring, immune responsiveness, hair, skin, nails, and overall health
Best Products For Healthy Hair
Correxiko produces clean supplements with clear ingredient lists, openly displayed. There are absolutely no additives.
Why You Need The Correxiko Close-Up Hair Supplement For Women
With a revolutionary 27-active-ingredient-formula that supplies specific amino acids, essential minerals, vitamins, and phyto-nutrients to continuously target active growth phases of hair follicles, the Correxiko Close-Up Hair Supplement For Women targets cells at the root of the hair-divide rapidly, constantly adding to the hair shaft and creating new regrowth.
The Correxiko Close-Up Hair Supplement For Women contains nutrients specifically designed to consistently deliver benefits directly to the scalp and hair follicles, thereby improving, and maintaining normal hair growth cycles, while also alleviating common hair health concerns. The Correxiko Close-Up Hair Supplement includes essential nutrients such as vitamins B2, B6, C, and D3, as well as essential minerals our bodies are not able to produce in sufficient quantities from diet alone, such as zinc, selenium, iron, and copper.
Omega-3 Fights Thinning Hair In Men
Stress and aging are great inducers of hair loss, and a high dose of Omega-3 reverses the signs of damage from these two stressors. Diets high in omega-3 typically contain one or more of the most common and well-known sources for omega-3, such as salmon, mackerel, walnuts, flaxseeds, tuna, and egg yolks.
The Correxiko Omega-3 High Strength Difference
The benefits of taking Correxiko’s Omega-3 High Strength Supplement capsules daily include mood improvement, better concentration, sharper memory, healthier skin, reduced inflammation (a key trigger in autoimmune diseases), noticeable weight loss, improved mood swings, improved eye health, boosted heart health, and nourished, stronger, luxurious hair.
Collagen Fights Thinning Hair In Men
Whilst the average hair care product may give your hair a superficial feeling of being nourished, collagen hair supplements nourish the hair follicle and scalp more effectively from the inside. Collagen also feeds hair follicles the nutrition they need to fight thinning hair, weak hair, graying hair, slow-growing hair, dull and lifeless hair, or hair loss caused by nutritional deficiencies and medical conditions.
Collagen supplements replace what age takes away, and when diet alone can no longer support healthy collagen production, Correxiko’s Marine Collagen Peptides Powder uses specialist clinical grade ingredients to keep your hair in its best shape ever – thicker and healthier than ever before.
Correxiko’s Marine Collagen Peptides Powder contains nutrients specifically designed to consistently deliver benefits directly to the scalp and hair follicles, thereby improving, and maintaining normal hair growth cycles, while also alleviating common hair health concerns.
The Correxiko Marine Collagen Peptides Powder also:
- promotes smooth and clear skin, while encouraging strong nails
- reduces the visibility of scar tissue and age lines
- could build healthy muscle mass
- controls appetite, gut health, and digestion
- encourages joint repair and stronger bones
- helps maintain ligaments and cartilage
AND contributes to full and shiny hair.
Shop the Correxiko difference now.
JOIN THE CORREXIFY NEWSLETTER
Sign up to our bi-weekly email newsletter packed with collagen recipes, tips on healthy hair, skin, nails and joints.
Plus, enjoy 10% off with your first purchase and FREE SHIPPING on all purchases above $/£/€100.