Finally! An all-natural product that’s good for all hair types!
We scoured the web to bring you these top tips and recipes on how to use raw cocoa butter to enrich your hair, no matter what type of hair you have.
- Cocoa butter is edible, and is also known as extra virgin cocoa butter.
- Cocoa butter is is extracted from the cocoa bean, and is sometimes called theobroma oil.
- When left to stand, raw cocoa butter solidifies, making it a no-fuss, no-mess must-have in your hair regime.
- Better yet, cocoa butter’s melting point is just below that of the human body, which means it melts when it makes contact with skin.
- Full of natural antioxidants and fatty acids, cocoa butter has a shelf life of 2-5 years and is non-toxic to humans.
Experts caution against the use of substitutes in popular products though, so be sure to check the labels of the products you’re considering.
Click below to browse hair tips, and see why raw cocoa butter is this season’s hottest buy, whether you have loose blonde curls and swirls or tight black curls and kinks:
Marsha Buchanan shares her top tips on using raw cocoa butter in any hair regime:
- To repair damaged hair, blend edible cocoa butter with a cheap conditioner to boost moisturizing and get softer, more manageable hair.
- For deep conditioning, blend raw cocoa butter with other ingredients like shea butter, honey, or aloe vera juice (or any preferred oil) to make a great deep conditioner.
- For a great leave-in conditioner, melt raw cocoa butter in a pan, add your preferred other ingredients, and whip gently until firm – can also be used as a styling product that adds volume to your hair.
- Raw cocoa butter can also be used to seal in moisture when hair is wet, so that it does not become dry, brittle and lifeless.
- Raw cocoa butter bars are a great way to protect your hair from chlorine damage in hard water areas, and to lessen harmful effects of the sun on your hair and should be used before blow drying to prevent harsh heat damage.
- When using cocoa butter as a hot-oil treatment, remember that it solidifies at room temperature (after about 15 minutes). Be sure to wash it off while still in liquid form.
- Dryness causes itchiness, which can damage your scalp’s sensitive skin and also your hair follicles. Consistent and regular use of raw cocoa butter for your hair does not clog the pores on your scalp like many other conditioners tend to do.
- Cocoa butter has also long been used to relieve pain associated with hair loss.
* Speak to your medical practitioner if you or a loved one experience excessive or unexpected hair loss.
Read Marsha’s full article here.
With a revolutionary 27-active-ingredient-formula that supplies specific amino acids, essential minerals, vitamins, and phyto-nutrients to continuously target active growth phases of hair follicles, the Correxiko Total Hair Supplement targets cells at the root of the hair-divide rapidly, constantly adding to the hair shaft and creating new regrowth.
The Correxiko Total Hair Supplement contains nutrients specifically designed to consistently deliver benefits directly to the scalp and hair follicles, thereby improving, and maintaining normal hair growth cycles, while also alleviating common hair health concerns such as premature greying in women. The Correxiko Close-Up Hair Supplement includes essential nutrients (such as vitamins B2, B6, C, and D3), as well as essential minerals our bodies are not able to produce in sufficient quantities from diet alone (like zinc, selenium, iron, and copper).
Collagen-lovers ourselves, we buy quality products for ourselves, and we produce quality products for you because we wouldn’t know how to do it any other way.
Once you become involved with a Correxiko product, we know you’ll stay loyal simply because there isn’t a product out there that can compete on our quality and effectiveness.
Rate Your Experience
Become a Member by signing up for our bi-weekly email newsletter packed with collagen recipes, as well as essential news and insights on healthy hair, radiant skin, stronger nails, better bone and joint support, gut health, and whole-body care and repair.
Plus, enjoy 10% off with your first purchase and FREE SHIPPING on all purchases above $/£/€100.