This National Burger Day 2020, enjoy protein-packed Black Bean Burgers as healthy alternatives to fat-saturated burgers. Top with Correxiko’s yummy Eggless Mayo
The Black Bean Burger offers all the taste of a regular burger, with none of the health hazards. Prep early, and you’ll have more time to spend with family and friends.
Best cooked the day before to set their shape well, allow a few minutes to sit and firm before adding them to the refrigerator. Reheat in a frying pan or under the grill in the oven to add a deliciously crispy crust.
Then top off your Black Bean Burgers with Correxiko’s Delicious Collagen-Infused and Eggless Mayonnaise for a healthy, saucy burger that’s sure to delight.
Make your own Black Bean Burgers for National Burger Day 2020
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup diced onion
- 3 cups brown mushrooms, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs or grated bread shavings
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed off
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 plain or seeded buns
- Thinly sliced tomatoes (optional)
- Thinly sliced raw onion
- Fresh lettuce
- Feta or mature cheddar cheese
- Correxiko’s Delicious Collagen-Infused Eggless Mayo
Instructions and Cooking Methods
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or baking paper.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and sauté the onion until softened and slightly browned. Add mushrooms and continue to brown.
- Use a large bowl to roughly mash up the beans, making sure the beans have a chunky texture to them (not smooth).
- Combine the pre-cooked brown rice, bread crumbs, paprika, salt, ketchup, onion and mushrooms and mix well.
- Separate the mixture into 6, and shape to form burger patties.
- Place patties on baking sheet and drizzle lightly with olive oil.
- Bake for 30 – 40 minutes or until golden brown and slightly crispy.
- Top your burgers with Correxiko’s Eggless Mayonnaise or your favourite toppings, or keep in the refrigerator until needed (keeps +/- 30 hours).
- Serve on seeded or plain buns.
Make your own falafel burgers with BBC Good Food here: