Are there any side effects from taking collagen?
Great news – when research studies evaluate the positive effects of collagen, they also find out how well the product is tolerated and if there are any side-effects. Researchers, Juher and Pérez (2015), collated information from approximately 60 studies where people took daily oral collagen peptides. They recorded feedback from thousands of participants who took part in these studies and found that collagen peptides were tolerated very well (i.e. were free from negative side-effects) and had excellent digestibility and bioavailability, making them an attractive supplement to take for long-term use.However, do note that it is important to use a high- quality product that has been tested for toxins and are deemed safe. This is important because marine collagen is sourced from fish and fish products can contain heavy metals. At Correxiko, we only source deep sea fish (cod, haddock, pollock) from pristine Canadian waters. All our batches are independently tested for heavy metals and other contaminants.
The Science Part
- What is collagen and where is it found?
- How does collagen powder benefit women over 40?
- What are the top benefits of taking collagen supplements?
- Does collagen promote healthy hair growth for women?
- Why chose Correxiko?
- What’s the difference between Correxiko’s MARINE collagen and other marine collagen products?
- What’s the difference between Correxiko’s BOVINE collagen and other bovine collagen products?
- Why is Correxiko’s collagen more effective than other collagen products?
- How much collagen should I take?
- How should I use the collagen powder?
- Do you need to take collagen daily?
- What else is added to the collagen powder?
- Can you take collagen powder during pregnancy?
- What is collagen powder and how does it differ from liquid collagen?
- Tips on how to add collagen powder to your everyday routine
- Are there any side effects from taking collagen?