MENOPAUSE MONTH OFFER
ASK THE EXPERTS
Collagen & Menopause, your questions answered by Dr Dinuk: How to spot the five key signs of collagen depletion.
Signs of Collagen Depletion:
- Skin Changes: Wrinkles, dryness, and sagging skin are some of the most noticeable signs of collagen loss. As collagen diminishes, the skin loses its elasticity, making it less plump and vibrant.
- Weakened Nails: You may notice that your nails become more brittle and break easily.
- Thinning Hair: Collagen plays a crucial role in maintaining the strength and elasticity of hair. A decline can lead to hair thinning and increased hair loss.
- Joint Pain: Collagen acts as a lubricant and cushion for our joints. With its depletion, joints may become stiff and painful. Recovery after exercise or injury can become more of a challenge due to the lack of collagen in the muscles, tendons and ligaments.
- Bone Density Loss: Collagen provides strength to our bones. Its reduction can lead to decreased bone density, making bones more fragile and leading to osteoporosis.
WHAT IS COLLAGEN?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body and is often referred to as ‘the scaffolding’ that supports our skin, joints, hair, nails, and bones. But, as women move into the natural phase of menopause, they may notice changes in their body and appearance, which can be attributed to the decline in collagen production.
The Power of Collagen Supplementation:
Research suggests that collagen supplementation can counteract some of these effects. A 2019 study published in the Journal of Medical Nutrition & Nutraceuticals highlighted that women who consumed collagen peptides daily significantly improved skin hydration, elasticity, roughness, and density.
How can I get more collagen in my diet?
Although you can get some collagen in certain foods, such as fish skin and chicken skin, a far more effective and very easy way to get an adequate dose is to add 2 x tablespoons (this equals 10g) of Correxiko collagen powder to your daily diet. Our collagen powders can be which can be easily mixed into drinks and food of your choice, either something as simple as your morning tea or water, or added to your favourite hot drinks - tea, coffee, hot chocolate, or foods such as cereal, porridge, yoghurt, soups, or added to baking, can not only help improve their skin's appearance but also fortify hair, nails, and joints. This can ultimately lead to increased confidence and well-being. Check out our recipe page here for inspiration:
Why do we love our Wild Marine Collagen so much?
Among the various types of collagen, Correxiko wild marine collagen stands out for its beauty and wellness benefits. Derived from wild deep-sea fish skin, our marine collagen has smaller peptide molecules, making it easier for the body to absorb. This leads to faster absorption, which equals faster and more effective results that many customers say they have experienced within just two weeks of daily supplementation.