If you have a sweet tooth, you'll love these recipes featuring our best-selling Marine Collagen. Here are 3 simple, easy-to-make treats for you to try this Easter.
Chocolate Collagen Popsicles
Makes 8 mini popsicles
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 scoops Correxiko collagen
- 3 tbsp raw cacao
- 1 heaped tbsp almond or peanut butter
- 2 Medjool dates (de-stoned), soaked in hot water for 3 mins then drained
- Optional pinch of salt
- Optional 3 squares of melted white chocolate to decorate.
Place all the ingredients (except the white chocolate) in a high-speed blender and blitz until smooth. Pour into popsicle moulds and add a lollipop stick. Freezer for at least 2 hours until set.
Remove from the moulds and place on a greaseproof-lined baking tray. Option to decorate in white chocolate then place back in the freezer to set.
Crackshell Chocolate Collagen Oats
Prep time: 5 minutes
Overall time: 20 mins
Storage: Fridge for up to 1 day
- 1 1/4 cup jumbo oats (or gluten free)
- 1 - 1 1/4 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or vanilla extract
- 2 heaped tbsp Correxiko collagen - makes it super creamy
- 1.5 tbsp raw cacao
- Optional tiny pinch of salt
- Optional maple to taste
40g dark chocolate (plus more if you want chunks on top)
Place the almond milk, cacao, collagen, optional vanilla, salt and sweetener in a small blender like a Nutribullet or use a stick blender until frothy.
Combine oats with cacao milk and allow to soak for 15 minutes or overnight. Adjust thickness to take with almond milk. Option to add a little maple to the base if you prefer things sweetened or drizzle on top. LUSH!💛
Melt dark chocolate in a glass bowl or over a pan filled with simmering water on low heat or microwave at 3 intervals, stirring occasionally.
Add oats to bowl. Drizzle over chocolate and place in the fridge to set. Option to top with chunks of l easter egg or more dark choc or nuts.
Option to add a little maple to the base milk if you prefer things sweeter or drizzle on top. LUSH!💛
Thanks to Jo Harding @modernfoodstories for the recipe and photography. It’s cracking!
Oat + Banana Collagen Pancakes
Serves 4 (Makes 12 pancakes)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Overall time: 15 minutes
Storage: Tupperware in the fridge for up to 3 days
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1.5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Good pinch of flaked sea salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 heaped tbsp Correxiko collagen
- optional 1 tbsp coconut sugar or maple
- 3 tsp butter, ghee or coconut oil for cooking
Add all pancake ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth.
Add 1/4 tsp butter or oil to a non-stick frying pan. Add the batter, cooking two pancakes per pan, approximately 45 seconds per side, flipping in-between, on medium to low heat. Repeat until all the pancake batter is used up, adding 1/4 tsp of butter each time.
Serve with berries, optional maple, yoghurt or coconut yoghurt.