Model, presenter & Correxiko Ambassador Lisa Snowdon shares her blueberry & collagen health and beauty boosting breakfast smoothie that is already causing a stirr on Instagram!
Watch the video (bonus: includes her overnight oats recipe):
- Blueberries/mixed berries- a large handful
- 1 x regular-sized banana- Half or quarter
- Live sugar-free yoghurt- tablespoon and a half - use a dairy-free alternative if you prefer - (yoghurt can be good for digestive health and also contains calcium which is good for bone health)
- Flaxseeds- 1 tablespoon (flaxseeds contain essential fatty acids that are good for skin & hormonal health)
- 125 ml of almond milk (try to pick one that is sugar-free)
- 125ml of cool water
- Oats- two large tablespoons (oats are good overall for healthy digestive system and contain B vitamins and the mineral silica which are good for hair, skin & nails)
- Correxiko Marine or Bovine Collagen- one large tablespoon (good for hair, skin, nails, joints, gut and immune health)
Blend all ingredients together in your blender until smooth and enjoy!
Lisa enjoys drinking her smoothie mid-morning after the gym. It can be taken with you on the go. The recipe contains oats for satiety and gut health, blueberries for their antioxidant benefits, calcium from the yoghurt, fibre and phytoestrogens from the flax seeds, and of course, collagen to nourish skin and health from within.