Lisa enjoys drinking her smoothie mid-morning after the gym. It can be taken with you on the go. The recipe contains oats for satiety and gut health, blueberries for their antioxidant benefits, calcium from the yoghurt, fibre and phytoestrogens from the flax seeds, and of course, collagen to nourish skin and health from within.
- 1 large handful of blueberries
- 1 regular-sized banana - half or quarter
- 1 ½ tbsp live sugar-free yoghurt - use a dairy-free alternative if you prefer - (yoghurt can be good for digestive health and also contains calcium which is good for bone health)
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds (flaxseeds contain essential fatty acids that are good for skin & hormonal health)
- 125 ml of almond milk (try to pick one that is sugar-free)
- 125ml of cool water
- 2 large tbsp oats - (oats are good overall for a healthy digestive system and contain B vitamins and the mineral silica which are good for hair, skin & nails)
- 1 large tbsp Correxiko Marine Collagen powder
Pop all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.