This bread is a great addition to normal bread because it is gluten-free. Gluten is the protein found in wheat, barley and rye which can be quite difficult to break down in the digestive tract. 1 in 3 people have an intolerance to wheat which is why they experience digestive complaints such as bloating, pain and constipation. This bread is made of nuts, seeds and coconut flour all of which are packed with fibre and additional vitamins and minerals to nourish the body.
1½ cup (140g) ground almonds
6 tbsp sunflower seeds
6 tbsp pumpkin seeds
4 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
¾ cup (180ml) almond milk
⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp cider vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
2 tbsp Correxiko Collagen powder
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Place the almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chia seeds in a food processor and blend until fine.
- Add the almond meal, coconut flour and baking soda, collagen powder and pulse until combined.
- Add the eggs, almond milk, olive oil, honey, vinegar and ½ teaspoon of salt and process until well combined.
- Line an 8’’ x 4’’ loaf pan with baking paper.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and smooth it out then sprinkle extra seeds on top.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes, or until the bread is golden-brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.